Having just installed Windows Xp Professional, I started to check out my
main software for compatibility. Of course there was a problem.
I don't know if anyone else has received this error message, when using
the SQL UNION statement, I was getting a message saying that I could not
have a memo, OLE or hyperlink as part of the SQL union. Well, I was getting ready to
rewrite the SQL statement in another manner.
It appears that this is not my problem as I had suspected. It is a
problem in the original release of XP and was corrected by XP Service Pack 1.
Quite by accident, I installed the update before spending a lot
of time rewriting the code. I don't know how many have had this problem
because it is rather obscure. I bring it to your attention, only to
say... latest Service Packs should always be obtained for "best"
A good point! Before you spend a huge amount of time tracking an obscure error, search the Knowledge Base for your problem and make sure you have the latest Service Packs installed.