$39.99, 504 pages, 2011
Paperback with CD
Unique book-and-DVD package for novice Visual Basic programmers
Start from scratch, and even if you don't know a thing about Visual Basic, you soon will with this thorough introduction to Visual Basic programming. Using easy-to-follow lessons and step-by-step instruction, this practical book teaches you concepts and hands-on techniques, then reinforces your learning with video screencasts and supplemental materials. Follow the exercises, then access the Try It section on the DVD, and watch as well-known VB authority and author Rod Stephens works through programming problems.
Stephens' Visual Basic Programming 24-Hour Trainer:
- Introduces Visual Basic programming to beginning programmers; no prior experience is necessary
- Covers Visual Basic programming concepts and techniques, as well as the Visual Studio development environment
- Provides a series of easy-to-follow lessons, supplemented by instructional video on DVD
- Offers expert instruction from well-known VB authority and author Rod Stephens, who also provides supplemental instruction on the DVD, where he works through a series of Try It problems and demonstrates effective solutions
Don't just learn--do!
The lessons within the book are each accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVD--over 4 hours of video tutorials!
You'll learn to:
- Get started with the Visual Studio integrated development environment
- Use variables and perform calculations
- Debug code and reuse code with procedures
- Define class methods and events
- Make menus, tool strips, and status strips
- Create and display new forms
- Build custom dialogs
- Use arrays and collections
- Handle errors and prevent bugs
- Make generic classes
- Use inheritance and polymorphism
Stephens' Visual Basic Programming 24-Hour Trainer is an exceptional book-and-DVD package that will have you programming in Visual Basic in no time.
Who this book is for
This book is for: